DataApex Clarity Chromatography Station
Clarity is the most comprehensive of our stations. Its features include data acquisition from multiple instruments, direct control of GCs, LCs and autosamplers using Controls; access to advanced analyses through Extensions; and support of 21 CFR Part 11. This all makes Clarity suitable for laboratories with high demands on efficiency, high sample throughput and GLP standards.
Clarity is advanced Chromatography Data Station (CDS) with optional software modules for data acquisition, processing and instrument control. Its wide range of data acquisition interfaces (A/D converters, LAN, USB, RS232) allows connection to any GC or LC chromatograph.
Up to four independent chromatography systems can be simultaneously connected, each can acquire up to 32 signals.
See examples of Clarity configurations.
You can switch any time between English, French, German, Russian, Spanish and Chinese localization.
Control modules provide integrated control of selected instruments such as GCs, pumps, detectors, autosamplers, etc.
Extensions provide functions for specific separation techniques such as PDA, GPC analysis, Mass spectrometry or SST.
Clarity2Go in your iPhone or Android powered mobile devices allows you to monitor running analyses from multiple installations of Clarity.
Clarity comes with extensive free support from DataApex as well as from the growing community of users in the Clarity Forum. Unlike many large corporations, the DataApex Company is in close contact with its users.
Clarity is the most universal software of the entire product line. All other versions are derived from the full Clarity software.
Simultaneous data acquisition from up to four independent chromatographs, each chromatograph can acquire data from up to 32 detectors.
See Clarity configuration examples.
There is extensive possibility to modify chromatograms. The chromatogram can be changed by entering global parameters or interactively, through direct graphic modification of the baseline.
Simultaneously displays a virtually unlimited number of chromatograms and their mathematical modification; for example, mutual deductions or derivations of any order.
Internal and external standard calculation methods, calibration of groups of peaks and reference peaks method for better identification.
Wide range of supported instruments
Control modules in Clarity allow users to control various instruments in their lab. See our growing list of supported instruments.
Extensions completing your workflow
Clarity Extensions integrates your workflow into one application. GPC calculations, PDA data processing, gas or detailed hydrocarbon analyses according to selected norms and even more.
Automated measuring support
Sequence tables for any set of samples with or without an autosampler.
Automatically displays, prints, exports and starts other programs after the completion of a measurement.
Summary result tables
Displays and prints selected results from all simultaneously displayed chromatograms.
User selects parameters for peak display and the specification for axes, including color from an extensive array of color settings. Text labels and lines, either as part of the area or anchored to a chromatogram, may also be inserted.
Optional exportation of all results, with or without the chromatogram, in various formats, into a file or clipboard.
Imports chromatograms or mathematical curves, which have been saved in text or AIA formats, from other programs.
Clarity offers connectivity with LIMS boths for sample submission and result output. This can be done via convenient ASCII transfers.
Method and calibration history
Each chromatogram can easily be displayed under the same conditions as when it was printed, exported or saved.
Calculations of peaks in terms of symmetry, efficiency, resolution; all by several methods (tangent, moments, etc.).
Automatically batch processes, displays, exports or prints any number of chromatograms.
Users can define custom calculations in the Result and Summary tables. Using the integrated editor you can create your own columns from original columns and individual mathematical functions.
Sets up access rights and passwords (including their parameters e.g., minimum length, validity, etc.). Each user can define his or her own station appearance.
Records selected events and operations into a special file. Records selected operations directly into a chromatogram.
Each chromatogram can be signed electronically. Signature selection is based on the username or the signature certificate.
Clarity chromatography station files can be accessed from networked computers using Clarity Offline software. This enables the offline evaluation of chromatograms, development of new methods and printing reports.
See the Clarity Offline for more details.
Language Localizations available
Useful for non-English speakers. At the moment, there are French, German, Russian, Spanish and Chinese localizations available in single installation package. Simply switch to your preffered language anytime, try the Clarity DEMO now.
Chromatography Data Systems OverviewThe chromatography market offers many specialized HPLC data systems or GC data systems, these are often provided with the purchased instrument. It is often complicated to integrate such software into the workflow of the laboratory since they do not enable direct control of additional instruments. Comparing to the small scale solutions such as PeakSimple, ChromPerfect, Chrom&Spec, Borwin, Azur, Multichro or Chrom-Card, Clarity offers wide range of directly controlled instruments as well as optional Extensions for specific separation techniques. On the other hand, complex solutions with wide scope of features and scalable design, such as OpenLab, EZChrom, ChemStation, Chromeleon, TotalChrom, GCSolution, LCSolution, Galaxie, Atlas, Class-VP, Chromquest or Empower are quite expensive, which is a limiting factor for many customers. Another drawback of the large solutions is its complexity which imposes high demands on users. Comparing to this Clarity represents scalable medium ranged solution with steep learning curve and competitive prices.
|Support of multiple detector instruments||32 detectors / instrument||4 detectors / instrument||offline|
|Number of instruments connected simultaneously||1 - 4||1||1 - 4 (offline)|
|Supporting tools for 21CFR Part 11: |
Electronic signature, Audit trail, Advanced User Accounts
|Control modules (Autosamplers, GCs, HPLC pumps - according to the List of Controlled Instruments )||yes||no||n/a|
|Extensions ( SST , PDA , GPC , CE , EA , NGA , DHA , MS ) ||yes||no||yes|
|Column Performance Table||yes||no||yes|
|User columns in Result table - Special calculation defined by the user||yes||no||yes|
|Command directories for selecting the working folder for data saving||yes||no||yes|
|Commands Model method and Copy From for extended work with method files||yes||no||yes|
|Automatic subtraction of solvent defined in the method||yes||no||n/a|
|Display background chromatogram in the Data Acquisition dialog||yes||no||n/a|
|Hardware A/D Converter - available types||INT7, |
|Hardware A/D converter - possibility to combine multiple converters||yes||no||n/a|
The HPLC measures on two detectors. Clarity will acquire two separate signals sharing a common timebase (synchronized START/STOP). A resulting chromatogram will contain two signals.Part numbers: C50 (Clarity Chromatography SW, Single Instrument) + U32 (Colibrick USB dual-channel A/D converter).
Clarity is used to acquire data from four chromatographs. Each chromatograph uses single detector, so it is enough to use four channel card. However it is necessary to purchase Clarity Ad-on instruments to be able to acquire data from four separate systems simultaneously. In this case the signals are completely independent.Part numbers: C50 (Clarity Chromatography SW, Single Instrument) +3x C55 (Clarity Add-on Instrument SW) + U34 (Colibrick USB 4-channel A/D converter).
This example displays a configuration with two chromatography systems (GC + HPLC) where the HPLC system uses multiple detectors. All the detectors attached to the HPLC Instrument will share common timebase (synchronized START/STOP). The GC detector will be independent.Part numbers: C50 (Clarity Chromatography SW, Single Instrument) + C55 (Clarity Add-on Instrument SW) + U34 (Colibrick USB 4-channel A/D converter).
This example displays a configuration with two chromatography systems (GC + LC). The GC is connected and controlled via digital interface, using a GC Control appropriate module.Part numbers: C50 (Clarity Chromatography SW, Single Instrument) + C55 (Clarity Add-on Instrument SW) +A23 (GC Control SW)+ U32 (Colibrick USB dual-channel A/D converter).
Simplified installation structure
Clarity 7.0 delivers a totally reorganised installation structure; Datafiles are now stored in one location and in relevant sub-directories making backups easier.
Custom units/Units Setup
Now set globally per instrument, available from main Clarity window or from System Configuration.
User defined variables
Newly implemented user defined variables can be used for additional custom calculations. Advanced tab of method setup - variables are copied to the measured chromatogram. Available for Single Analysis and Sequence.
Single Analysis now supports injection via directly controlled autosampler
Batch dialog now supports reprocessing of files in the subdirectories.
New control modules
Now includes Microsaic 4000 MiD, Spark Integrity autosampler as well as updates for Advion Expression CMS.
- New: Custom Units - user selectable units for flow rate, pressure, temperature, injection volume and auxiliary signals. User selectable units for time axis (selected instrument types only).
- New: Changed installation directory structure. Note reinstallation of older version after update to 7.0 is not easily achievable.
- New: Chromatogram: User definable variables for calculations in User columns.
- New: Single Analysis window - Support for injection by autosampler.
- New: The "7.0 Experimental" integration algorithm. Available for testing of the improved detection and quantification of peaks.
- New: Batch: now supports reprocess of chromatograms in subfolders.
- New: Clarity Help now includes the Clarity User Guide topics.
- New: Control: Advion Expression CMS updated API to version 184.108.40.206.
- New: Control: Agilent GC and HS by ICF - is available for early testing in the development state.
- New: Control: Agilent ICF libraries updated to version A.02.03 Driver Update 2.
- New: Control: Azura 2.1L RID detector is available for testing.
- New: Control: Ecom drivers ECDA2000 version 0.8.0.0 (new control module in development state),updated ECD2000 to version 220.127.116.11., Flash 12 DAD to version 18.104.22.168
- New: Control: Ecom ECD2000 driver updated to version 22.214.171.124.
- New: Control: Elysia GabiStar Radiodetector is available for testing.
- New: Control: Elysia POMO Radiodetector is available for testing.
- New: Control: ERC RefractoMax 520 series driver by UNI-Ruby script has been released.
- New: Control: Fraction collectors fraction table - implemented check for overlapping time intervals.
- New: Control: HTA HT2000H new synchronization option DIN implemented.
- New: Control: HTA HT2000HT autosampler control has been released.
- New: Control: Ingos AAA500 driver updated to version 126.96.36.199.
- New: Control: Knauer - Azura RID 2.1L refractive index detector control module is available for testing.
- New: Control: Knauer control module drivers updated to version 188.8.131.5221.
- New: Control: Kontron 525 pump by LC-UNI has been released.
- New: Control: Markes BenchTOF MS detector has been released.
- New: Control: Rheodyne MXII and Titan series valves - new operation modes supported.
- New: Control: Rigol L-3520 PDA detector is available for testing.
- New: Control: Shimadzu RF-20A/RF-20Axs fluorescence detectors can now be controlled using MIMIC libraries.
- New: Control: Spark Holland - Integrity autosampler has been released.
- New: Control: SSI pumps - script improved to detect Series 5 pump models.
- New: Control: the "Enable start from Clarity" checkbox in some control modules has been changed to more self-explanatory radio buttons with tooltips.
- New: Control: Zebrick D/A, D/F converter for LC pump control is available for early testing in development state.
- New: File names: Implemented check preventing folder names starting/ending with space.
- New: File names: Improved error messages for invalid file names.
- New: Report Setup: new option to print User column formulas under the result table.
- New: Report Setup: Print to PDF - support for landscape print.
- New: Sequence: the Active checkbox in the Sequence Options dialog has been changed to listbox Active/Passive.